Daring To Be Different

A couple years ago the front of our home needed painting since it is wood and it had been over 10 years since Jenni had last painted it. When she painted it, the wood matched the aluminum siding around the sides and back with trim painted a blue color. So when Rich said we could not put off the painting any longer we decided to go bold. There was some anonymous flak from neighbors when we were just beginning the change, yet others driving, riding, walking by stopped to applaud. The finished job turned out better than we expected or hoped and I, for one, enjoy coming around the corner for the first glimpse and seeing the bright color. No one yet in the neighborhood has tried to sell their home, so don't really know if it effects the values of their homes. Next step is to finish redoing the landscaping.


3 Comments:
At 4/09/2006 5:04 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Yes, your house is colorful and I wish more neighborhoods had more color. I have seen pics from foreign countries with a whole row of houses each painted a different color.
At 4/10/2006 3:24 AM ,
EF said...
by the way....Keith and Kristyn Getty are in WI right now. :)
At 4/12/2006 10:50 PM ,
An Ami in Berlin said...
I love the color!! My kitchen is similar color--when I first did it, I thought, help! But now it is so fun to come into a bright and cheerful room. With all the snow in Wisconsin, I bet you feel the same!! Lyn
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home