Interesting and Beautiful
My sister, Vonnie, has what are called Mother-in-Law's Tongue Plants. She got her first one nearly 40 years ago when it was only 6" tall. Now one "leaf" is 4.5 ft tall and she has two pots full of them. In all this time this is only the second time the plants have bloomed. The first time was around 28 years ago.
I didn't even know these plants bloomed so this is really a surprise. The flower stalk was first noticed about two weeks ago when it was about 5" tall. It is now 16" tall and the blossoms are opening fast.
Aren't these just the most intesting blossoms. I think they are so beautiful and so unique I wanted to share the pictures with you.The little silver balls at the base of each blossom are sap. They look like little jewels.
The plant is also known as the "Snake Plant".


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home