Cuz Nuz Ruth's Ramblings

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lightening Storm

I know, many of you have probably seen lightening storms many times, but last night was the first time I have seen one since coming to NM. With the wide open skies it was just awesome... so spectacular as I watched out the north window, but when I saw the south side of the homes across the alley all light up I went to check the south windows. The storm was all around from north to east to south. And even the west was lit up from the lights of Albuquerque shining onto the clouds, not lightening... that surprised me as I never thought we'd be able to see that over the mountains. But I disgress. I watched for about a half hour tho the storm lasted about an hour before the rain came.

I was impressed with some verses I read this morning that seemed to just fit what I'd observed last night. They are found in Psalm 57:9-11. "I will praise you, O Lord... for great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth."

How awesome is our God! And what a spectacular display of His glory and power!

1 Comments:

  • At 6/30/2007 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    John reminded me of the first time we drove through New Mexico and headed toward one of those lightening storms, eventually hitting the rain we had been watching from a distance. It was awesomely impressive!

    Cousin Ruth

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home