Cuz Nuz Ruth's Ramblings

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Waiting

I am not full of inspiration as my cousins seem to be. I don't have long stories or exciting happenings to write about. I just thought I'd record my thoughts for what they are worth.

It seems I am having trouble being on the same wave length as my Lord. I want answers immediately, things to happen now, and instead must wait. Am I to learn patience? Why is it so hard to go thru all the steps before I get that measure of patience.

Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience. But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfectly and fully developed (with no defects), lacking in nothing. James 1:3,4 ANT

Nothing has been heard from the senator's office regarding the insurance claim (contacted because no lawyer would take the case). We are still waiting for an acceptable offer on the house. (Had one that we countered, on guard for their next "attack".) Actually, I would like it very much for more interest to be shown in the house, but God knows best. My question tho is, what am I missing? What am I supposed to be learning, that I'm not? What really is trusting? Do all these questions running thru my head mean I'm lacking in trust?

This I do know, that no matter what I am lacking, God is not. I just finished Psalms in my devotions where it repeatedly says to "Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, o my soul!" What blessings come from doing just that. Not only am I encouraged in who my Lord is, but my eyes are taken off myself. I just love Psalm 145 where it expands on the different ideas of 'the Lord is great'; 'the Lord is gracious and merciful'; 'the Lord is good'; 'the Lord sustains.. and raises up those bowed down'; 'the Lord is righteous in ALL His ways'; 'kind in ALL His deeds'; 'the Lord is near'; 'the Lord keeps'. How can my mouth not speak the praise of the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home