
I do not have the green thumb Grandma Renich had, (in our line it passed to my dad and my sister Krissy) but I do enjoy house plants and this cactus I bought at a store back in the early 1990s. It was so small then and after the first blooming didn't do much for many years. Now since January two years ago, this enormous plant has decided to bloom and when it does, it really puts on a display. When the buds first showed up, I counted over 40, then 60, and before you knew it there were over 90. I was wow'ed. I don't know for sure how many flowers have opened but there are still over 40 buds (easier to count), some still so small it is questionable whether or not they WILL open. After so long of blooming it seems the plant runs out of energy and the last buds don't have enough umph to continue growing. I sure am enjoying the display though.
2 Comments:
At 1/16/2007 2:56 PM ,
Anonymous said...
very nice. the pictures look great. also like what you said about praising the Lord.
At 1/30/2007 5:31 PM ,
RCO said...
WOW!! Looks like you have a very green thumb to me!! :o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home