Cuz Nuz Ruth's Ramblings

Monday, February 05, 2007

My Mommy was on TV


How special to have my mom interviewed by a local newspaper and then to also be on television. She was interviewed about the job she does at a day care that is connected to an elderly facility. Her picture was on the front page of the Hutchinson (KS) News, Sunday paper. The article will be in CuzNuz, along with that picture. This picture was clipped from the televised interview.

This is a link to view the televised clip. http://www.kake.com/news/features/4
check out the video of Hazel Renich - it is under "Hatteberg's people" if the link doesn't take you directly to the article.

What a cool, spry little lady she is. Would you believe she is 79 years old!

5 Comments:

  • At 2/06/2007 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Our mother has become famous!!!

     
  • At 2/07/2007 10:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We were excited to see Hazel on TV Sunday evening as one of "Hatteberg's People." This is a weekly feature show telling about interesting people and showing them at work. Hazel is a "foster-grandma" at the Hesston Child Care Center which is connected to Schowalter Villa, a retirement center. She was shown putting a bib on a youngster, rocking a baby, pushing a long stroller holding half a dozen youngsters on their way to visit senior citizens in the villa.

    It is terribly exciting to see on television someone you know doing good things. She looked great! (I took some pictures, but I don't know how they will turn out--I've never taken pictures of a TV show before!)

    Bertie

     
  • At 2/07/2007 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bought the article but picture didn't show up on it.

     
  • At 2/07/2007 11:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And I wrote to Larry Hatteberg asking if I could "get a dvd/cd or whatever he could send of the Hazel Renich story since Hazel is my mother & my grandson is actually the great-grandson that prompted her to work with the kids at Hesston Child Development Center."

     
  • At 2/09/2007 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW. very exciting. this is way cool. sure wish i could save the video!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home